At Happy Home Nursery we have three main age groups:
Infants: Ages 2 -2.5 years
Juniors: Ages 2.5 - 3 years
Seniors: Ages 3 - 3.5 years
We believe in individual teaching, since no one child is the same as the other. That being said, by the time a child leaves each group, they will be have certain skills to cover in that group.
According to these age groups, the curriculum is as follows:
- Motor skills development: stacking of toys, grain sorting, crayon control and sand play
- Numbers: clap and count until 10 and reciting relevant rhymes for numbers.
- Alphabets: singing the relevant alphabet rhymes.
- Motor skills development: stacking building blocks, differentiating textures, sorting of grains, crayon and pencil control, making 4-6 piece puzzles, recognition of 4 primary shapes and putting them in the relevant slots and sand play.
- Numbers: reciting numbers up to 10, counting on fingers and different objects, singing relevant rhymes, and using counting during physical activities.
- Alphabets: introducing phonic sounds generally to the class and then individually assessing each child’s capacity to learn further.
- Motor skills development: making complex objects using building blocks, differentiating complex textures, crayon and pencil control, making up to 10-piece puzzles, recognition of 9 different shapes and introducing nature studies with gardening and sand play.
- Numbers: reciting numbers up to 20, counting objects and singing relevant rhymes. Also using counting during physical activities.
- Alphabets: introducing phonic sounds generally to the class and then individually assessing each child's capacity to learn further.